Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pikachou's Red Velvet Cupcakes

Fellow food blogger, Pikachou, baked some red velvet cupcakes for a belated Christmas party on Sunday.  Her recipe is super simple(!), check it out at Butterfly Wings!  But Umami notes that there is no frosting recipe . . . and the frosting's the thing.  A store that sells only cupcake tops would probably make a fortune!  All right, Umami stole that from "Seinfeld," but, what about this:  Mini cupcake tops!  Must think on it . . .

Oh, here's a pic of the cupcakes on Sunday (which Umami borrowed from Pikachou . . . he hopes she doesn't mind!):
Pikachou's Red Velvet Cupcakes!
They're cute, huh?  With little red velvet cupcake candy decorations, and everything!

Ms. D (Pikachou's mom) brought some in to the office for Umami and Makizushi.  Of course, she left them in her truck for an indeterminate period of time.  Fortunately, Umami asked (very casually):  "so, where's the red velvet cupcakes?"  They were quickly retrieved.  Poor little guys were a little worse for wear . . .

but still very good indeed, rating a full four Noms on the Nom scale. (NOM-NOM-NOM-NOM!)

1 comment:

  1. That's such a cute blog, Geoff, and of course I don't mind you using my picture :) its the only one I have of the cupcakes (minus the one you took). I'm glad you liked them and if I bake anymore, I will give some to my mom to bring to work. I'm also working on my own cream cheese frosting recipe that I'll use one day :)

    ReplyDelete