Saturday, June 16, 2012

Support

Umami is impressed by 9-yo blogger, Veg.  Why "Veg?"  She says "My dad says I should myself Veritas Ex Gustu, truth from tasting in Latin but who knows Latin?  You can call me Veg."


She blogs (Site:  NeverSeconds) about her school lunches and Umami wishes he could write things like this:  
"It is quite hard to eat peas and sweetcorn without dropping them but I was very careful. The dessert is called Australian Crunch but I don't know why. The only reason I can think of is it has coconut in it unless its a traditional Australian recipe."
Unfortunately, local school officials banned taking her photos because they were misleading and distressing to cafeteria staff.


The public outcry, however, soon forced them to see the error of their ways, and Veg is back in business!  Fight the Power, Veg!  You get on wit' yo' bad self!

And, as if that's not enough, she's raising money for Mary's Meals, which is a charity that sets up school feeding projects in communities where hunger and poverty prevent children from gaining an education.  She's raised £67,000 ($105,000)!!  Umami's was so impressed, he chipped in £10.00.  Respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment